Sunday 11 December 2011

The Classic Smokey Eye

The smokey eye is probably the most desired makeup look of the past decade and I expect that it will continue to be incredibly sought after in the makeup world, because of this it has become a classic. I am NOT a professional but I have come to the conclusion that the smokey eye is best when it is kept very simple. 



For this look you will need:
  1. A base - either an eyeshadow primer or a cream eyeshadow                       (I chose a Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow from Benefit called Birthday Suit)
  2. Two eyeshadows - a highlight colour and a dark grey or black                   (I chose a Duo Eyeshadow from Nars called Tzarine)
  3. A black eyeliner - whatever you prefer: kohl, gel, liquid etc                      (I chose one from Topshop called Coal)
  4. A black mascara - again choose your favourite                                         (I chose Maxfactor's Masterpiece Max)
  5. Two brushes - a shader brush and a fluffy brush                                       (I have two from Topshop - the Smudger Brush and the Eyeshadow Brush)


First, apply the base all over the lid and up to the brow bone. 



Next apply the highlight eyeshadow all over the lid with the fluffy brush. Then switch to the darker colour and use the shader brush to work the colour into the crease and the upper lash line. Follow a V shape from the middle of the eye and outwards to the outer edge of the eye and then back into the crease. Use the fluffy brush to blend any harsh lines.



Then apply the eyeliner to the water line and upper lash line and apply the mascara to finish.



The finished look should look something like this - don't worry if it's not exactly the same!


The smokey eye is perfect for a night out and as it is coming up to Christmas, I expect that lots of you will be planning lots of them! You can obviously change bits of it, different colours, more sparkle or maybe some false eyelashes but I just wanted to show you the basic smokey eye. 

If you want me to do a more in depth review on any of the products I used then please leave a comment below.

Bonnie x

No comments:

Post a Comment