Saturday 3 December 2011

Lip of the Day - What Joy! by Mac

When I was down in London a couple of weeks ago, I took a little trip to Spitalfields Market and while walking around, feeling rather festive (or freezing) I spotted the Mac sign through the stalls. I'm not sure if it was the promise of a new lipstick or a chance to get out of the cold but I speedily headed for the store. 



As soon as I stepped through the door I instantly spotted the Glitter and Ice collection and more importantly this gorgeous lipstick. I was immediately drawn to What Joy! because I have been looking for a dark, berry lipstick for ages, I think it is such a lovely colour for this time of year. The first time I wore it, I applied it as you normally would apply a lipstick and the result was a beautiful, deep berry colour with a satin finish. 

 applied with a lip brush

However, I then realised it would be lovely as a lip tint also. To do this I used Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream but any moisturising lip product would do and then applied the lipstick with my finger.

applied as a lip tint

An equally divine colour, however, much more wearable during the day. I really love this lipstick and I will be wearing it constantly over the Christmas period. It would be perfect as a day to night lip colour and adds a sophisticated edge to any neutral look. I got it from the Mac store in Spitalfields for £14 but it will be in most Mac counters and stores worldwide. 

Bonnie x
                                    

2 comments:

  1. wow; looks a little scary but lovely on the lips ;) I noticed that you're new to blogging , I hope that you enjoy it as much as I have over the past month or so :) I'm following you and can't wait for a new post ;D . feel free to follow me if you want, I love all thins beauty too ;) xxx
    http://skylozz21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it's such a nice lipstick :) Yeah, I am looking forward to getting into blogging and I'll definitely check out your blog soon x

    ReplyDelete